Monday, March 14, 2011

The GIFT the world cannot give

 As my walk with the Lord has matured I have made this statement numerous times..."the greatest gift the Lord has given me besides my salvation is the gift of peace" 

Definition of PEACE ( Webster's Dictionary)

1
: a state of tranquillity or quiet: as a : freedom from civil disturbance b : a state of security or order within a community provided for by law or custom <a breach of the peace>
2
: freedom from disquieting or oppressive thoughts or emotions
3
: harmony in personal relations
 I pulled some of the words from Webster's definition that I thought would fit into my description of the gift of peace..."a state of quiet", "freedom", "a state of security", "freedom from oppressive thoughts", "harmony in personal relations"....then I read  John 14:27 (NLT version)
"I am leaving you with a gift--peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give.  So dont be troubled or afraid"
This peace from God is unlike any peace the world can offer to you and I.  I believe that ultimately everybody desires one thing when they lay there head down on the pillow each night---not more money, not a bigger house,not power and fame---I believe everybody wants peace!!   So we go about in the world seeking it and as I was on this journey seeking it I realized that the only place that tells me it has been truly offered to me was in the Word of God...."I am leaving you with a gift---peace...."   Why would someone keep seeking something that cannot be found in the place they are seeking it?  Yet that is happening every minute of every day.  I have aksed God to give me His eyes and His heart to be able to recognize those that are on this journey searching for peace.  Then for HIM to give me the strength and power to share with them that this world cannot give them what they are searching for but there is someone who can and it is a free gift!!   This gift will allow me,you and them to live our lives not troubled or afraid as we hold tightly to His hand and walk in His steps not ours.
Father, thank you for your gift of peace!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you using a blog now...
    great message...wonderful program...Your new follower shows Kris...but it's really both of us...

    Keith

    ReplyDelete