Tuesday, March 29, 2011

HE works all things for good

"Man's steps are ordained by the Lord, how then can man understand his way"  (Prov. 20:24)

"As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive"   (Gen 50:20)

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God....(Rom 8:28)

I just returned from Louisville this afternoon after meeting with a Hematology/Oncologist.  He adviced me on the next steps on this journey I have been on since the discovery of a mass in my pelvic area.  This mass was found as a result of a cat scan that was conducted after a major traffic accident on January 20th.   In reviewing the events that happened the past 10 weeks and tying them in with scriptures that God has laid on my heart it is very evident that HE is in charge and that HE is constantly working things in my life for good...HIS good!! But sometimes I may not see it.
As we study the account of Joseph and his brothers in the book of Genesis we see that after Joseph became "prime minister" of Egypt that his brothers come to him to purchase grain for their family. Years had obviously passed and the brothers did not recognize Joseph but he recognized them and proceeded to "test" them. As the brothers returned to Jacob,there father,they informed him of the situation(Gen 42:26-35) and we see in v.36 that Jacob reacts to the news "You have bereaved me of my children:Joseph is no more,and Simeon is no more, and you would take Benjamin; all these things are against me."    This is Jacob,the man who had wrestled with God. The grandson of Father Abraham!  But he basically says he is devastated,everything is against me!  He is on the edge of utter despair!
The perception is that things arent well with Joseph's soul.   But things aren't always as they seem to the naked eye!
What was the reality?
-Joseph was some more!
-Joseph was the prime minister of Egypt!
-Simeon, humanly speaking was never more safe than at that moment in the custody of his brother!
-Simeon was some more,not no more!
-Jacob never had more going for him that in that moment!
-The whole drama here is showing that God in his providence has Jacob and his sons in the palm of HIS hands!
-It was all totally and completely invisible to Jacob!

As I have looked back at the last 10 weeks I realize "that God causes all things to work together for good...."

No comments:

Post a Comment