Monday, May 2, 2011

Public Enemy #1

It was announced last night that U.S troops finally caught up with Osama Bin Laden and killed him. Justice for his actions occured. Good triumphed over evil as it always does. A sense of closure for the families of the victims of  9/11 was brought about.  But as I watched the celebrating on all the television networks I saw newspaper headlines and signs that read..."Rot in Hell", "Public Enemy #1 is Dead"  and there were various others.  I want to admit that I am relieved and thankful that he is dead and I want to say God Bless the men and women who risk their lives to protect us and our freedom.  But with that said I can't overlook the fact that another man died without knowing Jesus Christ as Savior.  The headline that read "rot in hell" got my attention.  How many people do I encounter that will do just that?  Do I have a burden to make sure that doesn' happen?  Am I angiushed that another man died without knowing Jesus?  The other headline that read "Public Enemy #1 is Dead" made me realize that Satan wants us to believe that evil people are our main concern when in reality Satan is "Public Enemy #1" and he didn't die in that Pakistan compound. He is alive and "goes around like a roaring lion looking for somone to devour" (1 Peter 5:8)   My desire is that we will realize that the true number one enemy wants as many as possible to rot in hell.  Praise God that HE already knows that and has done HIS part to protect us from Public Enemy #1   HE is longing for me and you to let HIM work through us to bring as many as possible into HIS safety and victory!!

No comments:

Post a Comment