Monday, May 30, 2011

Stretching Yourself

I was having dinner a few weeks ago with a dear friend and he made an interesting comment  "If I told you three things that would make you more successful at your business you would implement them by 9am the next morning.  Yet when we tell others that developing a deeper relationship with the God of the Universe will be the ongoing answer to all our struggles and problems, it only causes a small "blip" in there commitment to spending more time with God"    It is said that the average Christian spends less than 10 minutes a day with the Creator of Time itself.   We seem to have bought into the enemies way of thinking...spend our time pursuing everything else but an intimate relationship with God.  Keep doing the same old things instead of changing...instead of stretching and reaching for more in our relationship with HIM.   The visual I have in my mind lately has been the image of me "stretching/reaching" in my walk with HIM (A outstretched hand) and because of that it allows God to pull me up to a new level in my walk with HIM because I was stretching myself.  Stretching myself allows me to quit settling for good in my walk with HIM and encounter excellence!!

"If excellence was a possibility, why would you settle for good?"

So are you stretching yourself in your walk or are you doing the same thing over and over expecting something different??

No comments:

Post a Comment