Saturday, January 14, 2012

Lion on a snowy day

"Then Benaiah the son of  Jehoida, the son of a valiant man of Kabzeel who had done mighty deeds, killed the two sons of Ariel of Moab.  He also went down and killed a lion in the middle of a pit on a snowy day"  ( 2 Samuel 23:20)

Have you ever seen this tucked away verse in 2 Samuel? 


It was brought to my attention recently and I have spent some time reflecting on it.  It says he "went down" which means it was a choice….it doesn't say he was thrown into the pit.  That tells me that he was a man who would not try and avoid the "lions" in his life but would go down in the pit and face them.   


I think that would require an immense amount of faith and authority.  I'm sure he felt some fear, I am sure he had to be unsure of his future but he did it anyway.  I have personally faced "a lion" in the past few weeks and after reading this verse I realize that GOD has gone before me into the pit on a snowy day to face this lion….there are two sets of footprints in the snow…the lion and HIS and only one will come out of that pit and it is THE GREATEST WARRIOR known to man.  I challenge you to trust HIM as you come across your lions in the pit on a snowy day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment